Background

Friday 3 January 2020

January 6-10

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your families.  I am looking forward to seeing my adorable students and hearing all of the stories about their Christmas break.  Thank you again for all of your support to make December so much fun for the students.  They were so exited and grateful when they opened their Christmas cards from their classmates.  Thank you for donating cookies and supplies for our cookie decorating day.  They had a blast and the cookies turned out fantastic!  I hope you all enjoyed the Christmas concert, we had the cutest little group of bakers that I've ever seen!  Please make sure to check out my pictures under the pictures tab.  I had lots to add!

When I looked at our calendar for January, it is a very quiet month. I always love this month as it is back to routine and time to set some goals.  Every year, I say that the magic of January hits Grade One.  It seems like the students always come back to school with a new confidence and their learning just takes off.  The growth that they are going to make in the next few months always astonishes me.  

Winter Break Reading Challenge
Before the Christmas break, I sent home a "Marshmallow" reading challenge to help motivate the students to read over the break.  This was completely optional but if your child participated, please have them return their form to me this week.  
What's happening this week?
Monday
-New sight words this week.
-Jr. Choir @ 10:30.


Tuesday


Wednesday
-Parent council meeting @ 6:30.

Thursday
-Library Day.  Please check for any library books that your child may have at home.

Friday
-Exploratory round 3 begins.  Your child will be participating in one of the 5 options:
Computer games, colouring, yoga, domino games, and music.

Coming up this month:
Every Monday:  Jr. Choir
Every Thursday:  Library

January 15- New West Theatre present the Legend of the Lost Tooth.
January 15- Boston Pizza Hot Lunch
January 29- Spirit day!  Wear your favourite jersey!
January 29- Assembly @ 8:45.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive