Background

Tuesday 17 March 2020

UPDATE


Dear families,
I know that this is such a stressful time for everyone.  We are moving forward step by step, day by day as we receive new information about this very serious situation. We appreciate your patience as we are working to figure out exactly what this is going to look like for our students, our own families, and our Probe community. For families who have picked up your child's belongings already, you will have received a letter from our Grade One Team. I have posted the letter below.   We have been working on a common website with some interactive learning websites and ideas.  We will be continually updating or adding new ideas so please check it weekly. 

The website is :https://grade-one.jimdosite.com/


I recommend as a teacher and as a parent that you use this time to connect with your child.  Read, play games, build things, get outside, and just love them and let them be kids. 

I have set the students up with accounts on 2 really great learning websites:

1. Prodigy MathYou will find a letter when you pick up their belonging with instructions for a wonderful math website called PRODIGY MATH.  I have registered each student with their own account and they can access it on a tablet or computer.  Each student has their own individual log-in and password.  It is in the letter.  Please let me know if you don't have this information.

2. Epic Books-  I have also signed our students up for an account on EPIC BOOKS.  This is a wonderful online library with books that the students are familiar with and will enjoy.  If you go to the website https://www.getepic.com/ and click on the students tab.  They will have to enter the class code which is : xhh8626 and then find their name. 

Please don't hesitate to contact me through the Class Dojo APP or through email.  I would like to stay as connected as possible.  I will keep in communication with any updates I receive.  Please give your kids a hug from me and tell them that I miss their smiles.  I hope everyone stays safe and healthy and I have appreciated all of your support.
Crystal 
crystal.packard@lethsd.ab.ca





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive